With all the posting I’ve done about vacationing, I thought it was high time to talk about what I’ve been doing project-wise.
I’m really pleased to note that I’ve started working on a real (paying) freelance project. I’m doing copyright research for a publishing company on a new edition of a textbook. Its actually pretty interesting, I’ve always found the complexities of copyright rules intriguing, and its good to be working on something that really exercises my brain and research skills.
The other paid work I was doing for a few weeks was “title proofing” for Demand Studios (an article creation site). They by all exclusive rights to your articles, which I wasn’t willing to give for $5, so I worked on their titles instead. Its not bad work (its related to applying taxonomies and SEO), but at the moment its dried up. Hopefully the titles will begin flowing again since I did earn enough the first month to pay for my student loans that month.
I’ve also been trying to build a website for a webcomic project my husband is working on. I’ve promised it done for his birthday at the beginning of September, so I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. I finished up the design in PhotoShop and have set up a WordPress install on our own server space, but now I need to bring the pieces together.
Writing-wise, I’ve been working on copy for a secret project, research for a possible Crossroads project, and trying to update this blog. I’m getting the itch to try fiction again, but maybe I’ll wait until November when I have NaNoWriMo to push me. I’m trying to become more prolific so I can take on more writing projects and maybe grow that revenue stream.