Posted by pottera
on Jan 31st, 2010 in Writing
| 2 comments
Wow. Two posts in one day. What is this blog coming too?
Yesterday was a good day. Dan and I visited Atomic comics in Sittard; the closest comic book store to Maastricht, followed by high tea at John Mullins. After our late “lunch”, I got some good blogging done and then we went out for drinks with a couple from our language class.
After dinner I discovered that Dave, a fellow Maastricht-based blogger from Random Walks in the Low Country, had recognized Maastricht Minutiae with the Beautiful Blogger Award. I’ve never received a blogging award nomination before and I’m very honored. I read Random Walks and really enjoy how Dave sounds so natural living here. His photos are always tipping me off to things that I’ve missed.
The award comes with some required actions, including writing seven things about myself and nominating up to 7 additional bloggers. So without further ado…
5 Nominated Bloggers
- Invading Holland: Very funny.
- 24 Oranges: The first expat blog I started following when we move to the Netherlands.
- Crossroads Magazine: Great for Maastricht-related stories.
- Franco Phoney: Whose blog about living in France I discovered via Absolute Write.
- PlagiarismToday: Which isn’t about expats at all, but has great information about plagerism, copyright, and other similar issues.
7 (hopefully) Odd/Interesting Facts about Amanda
- I was born in Alaska and lived in a small village above the arctic circle for 4 years.
- I am the eldest kid in my family, but the only girl so I tend to be a bit of a tomboy.
- I learned to like beer when working as an archaeologist.
- I’ve been scuba diving twice; once in the middle of winter. In Greece.
- I was hit by a car in Ireland in 2001. I’m mostly over my car phobia by now. >_>
- I have an unexplained interest in abandoned shoes.
- My personal philosophy in life is to “Organize Things & Help People”.
Beautiful Blogger Rules (change as desired)
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Paste the award on your blog
- Link the person who nominated you for the award
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself
- Nominate 7 bloggers or less