Posted by Amanda
on Jul 20th, 2010 in Featured
| 8 comments
I would have loved to start this list off with my own blog, but of course, you’ve already discovered it. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here learning about the sites that I always keep tabs on. So without further ado…
- Crossroads: The first English language site I discovered about Maastricht, Crossroads has a great mix of local news, interviews, and longer cultural and social articles. Check out their great collection of resources for expats as well.
- Maastricht Region: A general purpose site dedicated to introducing Maastricht and the other cities and towns in the region to new or potential residents. General information, housing for sale or rent, and a cultural calendar. The To Love blog is not to be missed (and you can also read To Live, which I write).
- Expat Guide Holland: Not strictly about Maastricht, but this guide is the most comprehensive resource for the little things like how health care works, how to register your pet, renting, and other sorts of thing.
- Random Walks in the Low Country: One of the other active Maastricht-based bloggers, Dave’s calm and thoughtful articles talk about the experience of living in Maastricht (and England) as well as being a business owner.
- Maestricht.net/Mtricht.com: Update! Maestricht.net & Mtricht.com are two regional social networks for expats and locals that just merged. Sign up for Maestricht.net if you join as it has the larger community. The new combined site should be primarily in English. My.Mtricht is a small, regional social network for both expats and locals. In addition to articles about the area, they also have a nice activity calendar and blog posts by participants. You can “friend” all sorts of people in this Ning community.
- Dutch News: This site compiles lots of Dutch news into short English-language articles for those of us who can’t read Dutch. Good for national news rather than local.